News

Wildi's News

( 2 Votes )

Season Preparation

tourThe poor snow conditions in January in Northern Switzerland allowed me to do already some training on the bike. Unfortunately I got a persistent cough, because of the cold air. At weekends I worked for the Swiss Ski- and Snowboardschule Flumserberg. In March I will work again as a ski instructor.

For my 2014 season planning, the Enduro World Series race in Whistler 2013 was an important moment. Due a mechanical problem I lost a lot of time and a place on the podium at the last stage. The disappointment was big. In this moment I learned about myself, that the race fever is still burning inside of me – stronger than I expected.

Finally I got 6th in the Overall of the Enduro World Series, without participating in the first event. That is why I decided to compete the complete Enduro World Series in 2014. I will ride again for the Trek Factory Racing Team – the winner of the team anking 2013.

To prepare for the upcoming race season, I will ride 3 weeks in New Zealand. In this preparation my new partner GARMIN will support me. Thanks to GPS-watch and Bike computer I can record and analyze my riding. For filming I will use the GARMIN Virb helmet cam.

Additional to my competitions I will promote young mountainbike riders at the project "Wildi's Foxes" supported by Red Bull. At the Dakine Freeride Camps I will be there as a coach. I will support the construction of the pumptrack "Bikepark am See" in Walenstadt as much as possible with my know how. With this schedule I am looking forward to an exciting bike year 2014.

Link to Trans-Savoie-Video

http://vimeo.com/85662268