News

Wildi's News #2

( 0 Votes )

Seasonstart 2014

02 Valloire

After a couple of top 10 results in last Enduro World Series 2013 it was finally possible to get my first podium in this worldwide series. The third place last
weekend at the race in Valloire was a wonderful surprise, because my hand was injured after a crash in Scotland and I had a big crash with a happy landing in
a snowfield at stage 2. You can watch my action here: http://bit.ly/1mjZuci

My race season started in April in Chile with the Montenbaik Enduro in La Parva. I finished 5th because of cramps. That's why I decided to visit the hot springs before the first round of Enduro World Series (EWS) at Nevados de Chillan. The cramps were gone, but my legs were much slower. In the downhill stages I had a good form, but pedaling was to slow, so I ended 9th.

Nevertheless the time in Chile was great, so many different trails, beautiful landscapes and friendly people. It was hard to say goodbye to sunny Chile and travel to rainy Scotland. The race stages at EWS in Scotland were short and the liaisons long. Not my favorite terrain. After a crash on my left hand I was happy to finish 12th.

Beside my race activities I have different ongoing projects. With a group of locals we started to build in Walenstadt a pumptrack and a jump line the "Bikepark am See". A lot of effort of all the involved people is and was already needed. Additionally I did some filming in Ticino and soon a production for MTB Mag is following. At the Dakine Freeride Camps I will be there as a coach and...

. . . this weekend my project "Wildi's Foxes" supported by Red Bull will take place. There I will promote young moun­tain­­bike riders with skill training and a great Enduro tour.  

Results
9.   place Enduro World Series #1, Chile
12. place Enduro World Series #2, Schottland
3.   place Enduro World Series #3, Valloire, FRA

Gallery
Photos: Matthew DeLorme

• EWS1-Chile_01
  • EWS1-Chile_02
  • EWS2-Schottland_02
  • EWS3_Valloire_02
  • EWS2-Schottland_01